i own the night

Dark's moon rises high
And shuts the sun from the sky.
Ever so soft, ever so inviting;
She pulls me up, towards her
Like a sunflower pulls the Sun.
The big white smile on her face
Is irresistible.
i fly to the sky, drawn by the power
Of the Dark's moon.
i feel my power, i feel my might.
"You can fly, but only if you want to";
She says to me,
"And i can make you fly, only if you want to."
i'm flying, i'm soaring, i own the night.
"No", she says, "i do!"
Too late, i see,
Its just a bait….

- satyajit venkatraman
3rd September 1998

2 comments:

Pretty Woman said...

Lovely...has a mysterious tone to it! can you explain why it is dark's moon? I understand that its not a spelling mistake and has some meaning to it?

SV said...

hey pretty woman,
2 things:
1 - you're probably the only person who reads my blog!
2 - considering i wrote this 12 years back, you would think i would have forgotten. actually, no! it implies that the moon belongs to the darkness ("Dark") just like the sun belongs to the light. metaphorically, the moon is associated with the "dark side" - (weird things happen at night?)