i am...

i sing my own tunes.
no training or talent to speak of
but i create a thousand songs everyday
inspired masterpieces of art they are not
but everyone loves them.

i dance to my own rhythm.
no stage fright or anxiety perceivable,
i can perform anywhere, at any time.
at times graceful, often amusing
but always entertaining.

i march to my own command.
with no care for rules or orders
but with a determined, almost obsessive, single-minded focus.
always doing what i want, when i want to;
even so, no one complains.

i’m scared of my own shadow.
and everything that moves or is still.
on the other hand, i can be incredibly brave
and do things no one else dares to do
as if there were the simplest tasks.

i walk on my own path.
stumbling, crawling and scrambling,
i move forward as much as in reverse.
never giving up,
until i reach my goal.

i write my own story.
with peerless creativity and imagination;
using any tools and substances i can find.
so advanced are my plots,
they are rarely understood by others.

i speak my own truth.
through hitherto unknown languages and media;
lucid and insightful but never philosophical,
my theories of life and truth
are often not popular or wide-spread.

i live my own life.
away from the all the pervading chaos,
in my own imaginary land.
unaware of the ways of the world and
at peace with myself and all around.

i am a child.

- satyajit venkatraman

21st July 2011

5 comments:

Pretty Woman said...

prolific choice of words and thoughts...loved it! :)

Monirupa Shete said...

I almost felt like Sharlina was communicating to me. I loved the way you have reasoned like a child and have captured the childish ways :D
Very nice!

Srija Padmnanabhan (Chickoo) said...

Have beautifully captured a child's world, Satya. It was nostalgic for me as it transported me to the time when Anu did all the stuff mentioned in your poem. Of course, she still does all of it, except that it's an upgraded version.

Reflections said...

Lovely....as I read I pictured my little ones:-).

p.s: err...remember me, we bonded over ur Dog's post...& then over the "U bangalorean??? Me too" post, seems like ages ago huh;-D

p.p.s: saw an old comment, came over to say Hi:-).

SV said...

hello people,

long time since i viewed my own blog! thank you for the lovely comments...i cherish the few that i get and its alway good to see those who come back for more (thank you for remembering, Reflections!)